Procedures for students discharged from school by Nurse Referral for Head Lice are:
- If discharged during Monday - Thursday, students are allowed up to two school days in the same week, as Excused, to treat and remove the lice and nits.
- If a student is discharged on Friday, students are expected to treat and remove the lice and nits during the two weekend days.
- Parents must accompany the student into the nurse's station upon return to school to be checked and cleared to return to class.
- Students may not ride the bus after being discharged for lice until they have been cleared by the Nurse.
- If a student requires more than the two days to treat and remove the lice and nits, as allowed by law, then a doctor's note should be provided to excuse the additional days.
An Information Brochure on Lice and Treatment is available from the Nurse or Front Office Staff for your convenience.